Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A Kiwi? How About An Apple?

The adventure has begun! Chey and I left SFO at 8pm on Sunday 10-10-10 and arrived in Auckland, New Zealand at 6am 10-12. Although a whole day was lost in the air we came out with a bang and wasted no time. Checked into Base hostel and I swear we walked 87 miles all over creation the first day here! A little ambitious I admit. On out walk we stopped off at a roadside fruit stand in Mission Bay...it was then that I had a life altering experience with a New Zealand apple. The most crisp, fresh bite of deliciousness I've ever had. It was as good as! (a lil NZ slag for ya!) I know they call the locals in New Zealand a Kiwi, but these apples deserve some sort of hype.
Today...a time to chill out and plan our adventure for the rest of our very short time in the land of the Kiwi. Auckland reminds me of a mix of Seattle with a touch of Island life and although it's beautiful we chose to head out and head up north. to Paihia, bay of Islands then cape Rei
Stay tuned for some sweet pictures. I've heard this is one of the most beautiful places in New Zealand with a mix of experiencing the history and Maori culture of the islands.

2 comments:

  1. Hey-this is Sam, Chey's cousin. I"m stoked you're updating on the blog. I'm tuning in.
    Are you guys going to be going to the South Island? It's some of the most beautiful scenery I've ever seen in the world (especially the west coast). Was just there last year.
    have a great time up north!

    ReplyDelete