Friday, October 8, 2010

I Left My Heart in San Francisco!

As a Vagabond at heart it is in my nature to leave home and live life on the move. However, when you find a place that you love it is hard to leave, and when you do, a piece of yourself is often left behind. Or better yet, you take a part of that place and hold it with you forever.
For me, two years ago I fell hard...and although its clichĂ©…I left my heart in San Francisco!

There are so many things about San Francisco that takes my breath away. In the ooo ahhh sort of way and equally in the OMG! sort of way, if you know what I mean. A typical SF day in September will no doubt consist of sunny skies (we deserve it with our frigid summers) You might take a stroll down California Street, light up a J and witness a seagull punking a pigeon. If I started writing this blog two years ago it would have been called Chronicles of the urban jungle. On any given day you will see some crazy shit, but that is what is so fascinating about the city by the bay.
It may be that the views are some of the most beautiful in the world, or the way the different districts have their own unique character that bring visitors here from all over the world, but after living in the city for two years I feel as though I barley even scratched the surface.
View from my Pacific Heights Apartment
Cheyenne and I were running around yesterday like crazy…hit up REI, got our Indian Visa, had the most fabulous yam and Portobello mushroom sando at Atlas CafĂ©, then found ourselves chillen at Alamo square to take a breath and finally get excited about our trip. There has been so much to do and think about it hasn’t really hit me that I’m about to leave the country with no ticket home!
Coffee Bar. Sweet pic my new camera took.
Anyway, it ended up to be the perfect way to spend my last day in SF because it’s fleet week and the Blue Angels are here…check it out:

AT&T park. Last series before playoffs.
To top it all off the GIANTS are in the playoffs and the city has a pulse that is alive and exiting. I love you San Francisco! Go Giants!
Ryan and I rooting for a Giants win!


No comments:

Post a Comment