Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Chaing Mai, Thailand: Tiger Kingdom

At this point I feel like Chaing Mai is so far away. Well, it is actually. Two counties and four weeks away to be exact. But no matter how fast this trip is flying by I can't stop thinking about my encounter with Lola...the two month old tiger that melted my heart.
Chey and I set out to Tiger Kingdom in Chaing Mai which is super touristy, but whatever. I was so excited to play with the Tigers! When I got there I totally chickened out. Um I'm sorry, but there was no way you are putting me in a cage with a 400 pound carnivore! I dont care how "tame" you claim they are. Show me to the babies...I'll play with them.
One month old baby kitten
Before they allowed us in the cage with Lola we got to explore and see the much bigger tigers in all their gloriousness. Massive and pure muscle they were magnificent to watch and a little intimidating to get up close to. Here...see for your self:


Mufasa!
Some crazy dude in the cage with the big kitty


When they finally let us into the cage with Lola, we had 10 minutes. She was the cutest and sleepiest little kitten ever and the next 10 minutes Chaing Mai life...





Ohhhh big yawn!




Spooning with Lola





No comments:

Post a Comment