Friday, December 24, 2010

A Cambodian Christmas

The count down for Christmas is coming and I couldn't be more excited. It's actually already here for those of us on the other side of the globe. Merry Christmas friends!
 Chey and I made our way into Cambodia to spend the Holidays on the islands in the South East Asian heat, lounging on the beach, sippping pina coladas and chillen in a remote bungalow surrounded by bannana trees. This will be a definate change from the normal Christmas spirit. Ya know, cozying up near the fire in a big chunky sweater, sipping spiked eggnog and decorating the Christmas tree. The change is so drastic it hardly seems like Christmas. Especially because Asia only starts decorating the streets , shopping centers and restarants in December. Imagine that! Geeze, I see my first peice of miscle toe at home the day after Halloweeen. Regardless, this tropical climate will not deter us to get in the Christmas spirit. In fact, we are not bonbarded with an overload of gift buying and dare I day the "black Friday" shopping extravaganza..it's a relief. However, even the smallest things make me love this holiday even more and miss home. I mean, you have no idea how excited I got to hear Mariah Carey's Christmas alblum playing in a shop in Vietnam. In a world so far away, the little things that are familiar (especially during the holidays) bring a smile to my face.


Friends and family, Cheyenne and I will miss you this Christmas!
Dasher 'n Dancer

Christmas eve sunset
Christmas sunrise

No comments:

Post a Comment