Wednesday, November 24, 2010

My New Toy

Hi friends and fellow vagabonders! It has been quite some time since we spoke last and I take full responsibility. I have been out exploring the world, taking in the sites and have just plain and simply been on the go. Also, as you may have read a couple blogs ago, my favorite new Apple device (my iTouch) was jacked, and I save my pen to paper stories for my journal. No offence.  Nevertheless, I bring good news…I got a new gadget that allow me to keep the stories coming. I hooked myself up with an ASUS Eee Pc and it’s been rad! It’s my miniature laptop that is perfect for a traveler who wants to stay in touch. I am all about traveling organically and not being too tied to technology while trying to experience life outside our normal 9 to 5 routine we become used to at home, but hiking all over creation trying to find the one internet cafĂ© in town can be annoying and simply a waste of time. Also, to my pleasant surprise, most places we have traveled to have WiFi (or how our French friend Anne says it..WeeFee!) What a treat!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving, Jayla!! Luckily we can be Thankful no matter where we are in God's world!!
    Love you and continue to pray for your safe travels. Patti & Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving, Jayla and Cheyenne. Keep your posts coming so we can travel vicariously through you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So great to hear that you bought an EEPC!! How useful is it !!!
    Glad you are both fine, did you manage to meet my friends in singapour and Malaysia?

    I am prout of my WEEFEE french pronunciation :))
    See u in Europe next time
    Kissses
    ANNE

    ReplyDelete