Wednesday, August 11, 2010

J- LA INK

For those of you who know me, you also know that I come with another half, my P.I.C. (that means Partner in Crime for those of you who don’t speak acronym), my BFF…Darcy! Friends, meet Darc:
Darcy at New Orleans Jazz Fest
It’s quite important to introduce Darcy early in the blogging saga since I can pretty much guarantee her being the subject of many of the stories to come. Plus, I will be sure to recap our cross country Road trip for those of you Vagabonders, but first I would like to fill you in on last Monday night.

I admit, my Monday evenings living with the new roommates (aka. Mom and Gene) don’t usually include much excitement. And no, the season finale of the Bachelorette doesn’t count! However, when I received the text from Darcy telling me to come through the new tattoo shop, Inkistry that just opened in Livermore, it sounded like a recipe for distraction. Although it was after closing time, when I got there the music was bumpin’, needles were buzzin’ and it seemed like a perfect time to get some new ink. So in the pure spirit of my travels to come, what is more symbolic than something that always guides you? A reminder of no matter where this life takes me I will find my way right where I need to be!

Me + new Tattoo
J.R.R Tolkien once said, "Not all who wander are lost." I love this quote! It reminds me of myself…haha. I’ve got a lot of wandering to do and although I am a human compass ( I’m not talking about driving directions for those of you who just laughed out loud at this claim. I’m referring to my amazing ability to know my N. S. E. & W.) I am actually looking forward to those moments where I am going to have no idea where I am. Some of the best memories come in times like that! But in all seriousness, Darcy and I got these tattoos because no matter where we may need to wander off to we will always know where our compasses point…where my best friend is!


2 comments:

  1. Haha. We could have used a compass and map when searching for the magic fountain at the Cisco HQ in San Jose :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi All,
    Thanks for all your comments. Yes Charley...this would have been helpful during our adventure. That or your GPS. Haha.
    I thought I'd switch out my pic of my new tattoo since the last one was blurry. This pic is much better…
    -Jayla

    ReplyDelete