Wednesday, August 25, 2010

ATTN: Friends

Memo

_____________________________________________________
Date: August 25, 2010

Subject: Official Voyage Briefing

To: Friends@ChroniclesofaVagabond.org

From: Yours truly


Introduction:

Here yee here yee! Let it be known near and far, from one ocean to another, all across the land! Friends, brace yourselves because I can now tell you, without reservation, about my travels to come. “Why?” you ask. Well, because today…drum roll please…
                                                                  I just quit my job!!

Overview:

Now, I know what you’re thinking…Images of the 10 o’clock news are flashing through your head and your imagining me, newly unemployed Jayla, in a line joining the rest of the millions Americans at the unemployment office. Then you remind yourself…Wait, she is joining the sea of job hunters in a tanking economy by choice? Girl, you have got to be boarder line loco!
Call it what you will, but I will assure you this is the most liberating decision I’ve ever made. Quitting my job makes this real and it’s just another step in the direction toward this epic journey.
I have been keeping this trip somewhat on the DL since I hadn’t yet told my job that I will be leaving. In the world of Facebook, Twitter and Blogging word spreads fast. So, in a successful effort to keep things under wraps, until today of course, I can now tell all what is in store.


Details:

Flight itinerary booked so far:

*from: San Francisco, CA
*to: Auckland, New Zealand
*to: Sydney, Australia
*to: Brisbane, Australia
*to: Bali, Indonesia
*to: Singapore
*to: Bangkok, Thailand
*to: New Delhi, India
*to: Bombay, India
*to: London, UK
* to…?


Analysis:

I am absolutely overwhelmed with excitement as I’m writing you today. I am so fortunate to be working for a company that is supportive and encouraging of my unconventional career move. In fact, next time I schedule a meeting with my boss to discuss “changes in the next few months” I will be sure to be more specific so he doesn’t suspect I’m Prego!! LOL. Seriously though, being my first job out of college I have a sense of loyalty to AdvanTel Networks, for they have been the catalyst of my of entire professional career. And although I’m the first one to admit selling Unified Communications is a hustle…I will miss you AdvanTel and all my friends there!

Conclusion:

I would like to be clear so you can swipe all of those scary images of the hungry and homeless out of your head. First, I will be working through September earning that $ scrilla $ until I leave. Secondly, I will not be collecting unemployment… unfortunately! (don’t judge me…take it up with Obama). Lastly, it’s everyone’s dream to achieve success in a career and it’s always a scary thing to quite a job. However, good economy or bad…I took a leap of faith to make a bigger dream come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment