Monday, August 2, 2010

Blog-a-boo.

Hi, friends! Welcome to my blog! I’m so happy to have you here and can’t wait to get rolling with some exciting stories as I venture through this crazy life of mine, but first I need to express the absolute relief I have in writing to you today. Finally, I come to you with the Chronicles of a Vagabond.

Who knew naming a blog could be so trivial? I found this out when I decided to start one...Mmm let's just say it was a while ago. I was ready to roll, but when it came down to writing...I came down with a small case of writers block. Not a good sign for a first time blogger! I brooded over the title of my blog with a few things in mind. First, as you will come to read in the near future...I am setting sail on a journey around the world! Secondly, I am a sucker for adventure, travel and all things fun (if the first reason didn’t give that away.) And lastly, I have a great passion for music, fashion and creativity that will inspire me. As you can see, this is quite the conundrum for a writer finding her niche. However, I have come to terms with the root of my passions; vagabonding. Allow me to explain...

Vagabonding - n. (1) The act of leaving behind the orderly world to travel independently for an extended period of time. (2) A privately meaningful manner of travel that emphasizes creativity, adventure, awareness, simplicity, discovery, independence, realism, good humor, and the growth of the spirit. (3) A deliberate way of living that makes the freedom to travel possible. 

So, now that we are here I no longer need to be bothered by naming my blog. Instead, I’ll have to stick to the chronicles part and bring you some ridiculously good stories of the adventures to come!

5 comments:

  1. yo.. mondo idea on the blogski! hope your travels yield adventures for our vicarious excitement =P

    -Gabe T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ready to read! Spelling error though "one…mmm lets just day it was a while ago." (let's just say)?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thrilling ! I cant tell if I am excited to follow along or be the material for which you may write about....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jayla,
    As you globe trot, Paul & I will be at home holding your mom's hand and praying for your safe travels.
    We know you will have a BLAST!

    ReplyDelete
  5. j-

    the roots of your passions....have you ever vagabonded before?....i like it. good sheeeet, when do you leave?

    ReplyDelete