Sunday, April 10, 2011

Bonjour, Paris!


Enchanting, fashionable, fabulous. You just can't go wrong with a city like Paris. Absolutely one of the most beautiful in the world! Hey, without trying to sound like a traveling guru (I'm still in training)...I feel much more qualified to make such a statement. After 6 months of my travels it's places like Paris that keep me energized. So far, it's in my top 5 cities of all time. I know..bold statement, but believe me...it's well deserved.

My mom and I met up with cousin Karen to start round two of our girls trip! I was great that Karen had been to Paris many times before so she could lead us to all the great spots. And again...we did it all. I climbed to the top of the Arc De Triomphe to get the best view of the whole city, hit up the Louve and saw the worlds most famous painting...(that's right, I'm talking about the Mona Lisa), had a peaceful moment in the Notre Dame cathedral, bustled around the greatest shopping districts the city has to offer (and I'm counting the flee market as one of those) and watched the artists at work at Montmartre. Really, it is not hard to fill the days in Paris. However, there is one night that stands out above all....
The true Paris experience should include champagne, croissants, and a sidewalk cafe. All of which we experienced whole heatedly, but it was the night we had a fabulous dinner at the Eiffel Tower and went to the Moulin Rouge show where Paris captured my heart forever.
This was a huge splurge and a treat from my Mom and Karen...Thank you! 
Moulin Rouge
Me, Mom and Karen
Arc De Triomph

Mom got a sketch done at Montmartre
I know, I know...It seems like I say that I love every place that I go, but it only seems like that because I can find something in any city that is unique and exciting. But Paris, Paris is arguably the coolest place ever. :) Its got style, the language is sexy and it simply took my breath away. Since writing this I've already gone back!
Girls got hops
Wow! It's even more incredible in real life.

1 comment:

  1. J - I totally resisted going to Paris for years because I thought what everyone said about it was sooo cliche. Mon dieu! C'est magnifique! I've been twice and plan on returning again. So glad you and your Mom had a terrific girl trip. Good times for both of you. hugs! - Kim P

    ReplyDelete