Saturday, February 26, 2011

The UK Round-a-Bout

I have no good explanation for neglecting my blog for so long except for the fact that I traded in my Vagabonding ways for about a week and checked into the Casa de Donohue. The life of luxury in suburbia of Alderly Edge with Chey's Aunt Kimmy and fam. Haha. I didn't wear my pack for a week, but did take a few trips around England...and no need to panic I'm already back on the traveling trail. The day trip we took to Conway in North Wales was a treat. Checked out the Castle on the lake and took in the country side for the day.

Conway Castle
Inside the Conway Castle


I broke off on my lone journey for a few days to check out the Lake District. Some of the most extreme landscape England has to offer. Mountains, lakes (duh), snow and waterfalls. Stunning! I hiked for days...I think the trail ran for about 6 miles along the lake and the scenery never got old. Met some Brazilians who were road tripping through England. Pedro, Davi and Daniel...so fun! After our night out, on a whim...and this is what I love about travel... they invited me to join them on their journey to Scotland. Road trip? Sign me up! I actually enjoyed being the token female with the boys who kept me laughing with their antics for the next 3 days. Drove from Windermere to Keswick stopping for the best sites along the way. Pub crawled in Edinburgh, Scotland and followed the free walking tour around the city. What made it even better is our guide looked like a viking strait out of Braveheart...he filled us in on some great stories of Scotland's brutal past. Since I didn't have a camera (got schooled by an 8 year old in Cambodia) I cant post pics, but if Pedro sends me the pics of our journey...they tell all.

The City of Edinbugh
After Scotland I had to begin my journey back South. I decided to take a trip to Newcastle for the day which ended up being quite uneventful. By the time I got there (the night after our pub crawl through Edinburgh) I was beat. I bee-bopped around the city for a bit before i retired in my hostel only to wake up for the first bus back to Manchester. Took forever, but I made it back to suburbia just in time to welcome Chey's Mom to England. Now, I'll pack my pack to head out to London town! This has been a whirl wind through the UK and it ain't over yet!

3 comments:

  1. Jayla, shame on you!

    You should've continue with your trip with us and not back fired!

    Hope you put some nice pics from Lake District and remember our worst fish and chips ever made on earth! =P

    Hope you have a nice and safe rest of tripping...

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, no updates at all?

    What happened Jay Girl?

    Write about some new adventures, your dinner at Eiffel Tower, everything!

    Don't neglect your readers! :)

    Hope to hear from you soon..

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I suck. Ill have some updates soon. I promise. SO much has happened since the road trip!!

    ReplyDelete